+ o - ^
previous next

Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847

More Details Cite This Item

View this item elsewhere:

Title
Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847
Names
Eno, Amos F., 1836-1915 (Collector)
Smith, Joseph B. (1798-1876) (Lithographer)
W. Endicott & Co. (Publisher)
Collection

The Eno collection of New York City views

Dates / Origin
Date Issued: 1844
Library locations
The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection
Shelf locator: MEZN Eno
Shelf locator: MEZN++ Eno 32
Topics
churches -- New York (State) -- New York -- 1700-1799
First Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.)
Genres
Prints
Notes
Citation/reference: Eno 32++
Statement of responsibility: inscribed by Joseph B. Smith ; lith. of Endicott, 22 John St. N. York ; Entered . . .1844 by Joseph B. Smith.
Physical Description
Lithographs
Extent: 1 print ; lithograph, color ; 57 x 76.5 cm.
Type of Resource
Still image
Identifiers
Universal Unique Identifier (UUID): 34af1630-c5f0-012f-d60d-58d385a7bc34
Rights Statement
The New York Public Library believes that this item is in the public domain under the laws of the United States, but did not make a determination as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. This item may not be in the public domain under the laws of other countries. Though not required, if you want to credit us as the source, please use the following statement, "From The New York Public Library," and provide a link back to the item on our Digital Collections site. Doing so helps us track how our collection is used and helps justify freely releasing even more content in the future.

Item timeline of events

  • 1836: Creator Born
  • 1844: Issued
  • 1915: Creator Died
  • 2015: Digitized
  • 2019: Found by you!
  • 2020

MLA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. "Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847" The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1844. http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

Chicago/Turabian Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. "Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847" New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 22, 2019. http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

APA Format

The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Print Collection, The New York Public Library. (1844). Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847 Retrieved from http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7

Wikipedia Citation

<ref name=NYPL>{{cite web | url=http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/5e66b3e8-a252-d471-e040-e00a180654d7 | title= (still image) Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847, (1844) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=September 22, 2019 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}</ref>

Three pictures of the First Methodist Episcopal Church. The first . . . founded  A.D. 1768, dedicated by the Revd. Philip Embury.; The second church rebuilt 1817. Dedicated by the Revds. Nathan Bangs, D.D., St. Merwin and Bishop Soule, and the third church rebuilt A.D. 1841. Dedicated by Bishop Hedding. Also, the old rigging loft as it now stands 120 William St. 1844. Formerly Cart and Horse Street. Names of the first board of trustess and those of 1844 and 1847