+ o - ^
previous next

Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue.

More Details Cite This Item

View this item elsewhere:

Title
Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue.
Names
Sperry, Earl Evelyn (b. 1875 ) (Author)
Collection

Jerry rescue, October 1, 1851, delivered before the Onondaga Historical Association, October 21, 1921. Additional Jerry rescue documents and rescue of Harriet Powell in Syracuse, September, 1839. By Earl E. Sperry. Collected and edited by Franklin H. Chase.

Dates / Origin
Date Issued: 1924
Place: Syracuse, N. Y.
Publisher: Onondaga Historical Association
Library locations
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division
Shelf locator: Sc 326.973F-S (Sperry, E. E. Jerry rescue)
Topics
Syracuse (N.Y.)
Jerry Rescue Convention
Keys (Hardware)
Type of Resource
Still image
Identifiers
Barcode: 33433034788830
RLIN/OCLC: NYPGR872769-B
NYPL catalog ID (B-number): b11675661
Universal Unique Identifier (UUID): e7aa4240-c61f-012f-1a8f-58d385a7bc34
Rights Statement
The New York Public Library believes that this item is in the public domain under the laws of the United States, but did not make a determination as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. This item may not be in the public domain under the laws of other countries. Though not required, if you want to credit us as the source, please use the following statement, "From The New York Public Library," and provide a link back to the item on our Digital Collections site. Doing so helps us track how our collection is used and helps justify freely releasing even more content in the future.

Item timeline of events

  • 1924: Issued
  • 2018: Digitized
  • 2019: Found by you!
  • 2020

MLA Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division, The New York Public Library. "Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue." The New York Public Library Digital Collections. 1924. http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/510d47df-a19d-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Chicago/Turabian Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division, The New York Public Library. "Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue." New York Public Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 21, 2019. http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/510d47df-a19d-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

APA Format

Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division, The New York Public Library. (1924). Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue. Retrieved from http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/510d47df-a19d-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Wikipedia Citation

<ref name=NYPL>{{cite web | url=http://digital.gallery.nypl.org/items/510d47df-a19d-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99 | title= (still image) Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue., (1924) }} |author=Digital Collections, The New York Public Library |accessdate=October 21, 2019 |publisher=The New York Public Library, Astor, Lennox, and Tilden Foundation}}</ref>

Key to Jerry's cell; In 1851 what is now known as the Jerry Rescue Building was called The Journal Building, and the Police Office was in it, at No. 2 Clinton Street; There Jerry was taken after his rescue.